Friday, May 21, 2010

Bargain Shopping

...but on the brightside, I'm closing on my house in approximately 4 hours. Hallelujah! (There you go Club Sara!)

No really. I could not be happier to get this in the books. I'm sort of sad that I will not physically be there to close on the house since I am wrapping up my LAST DAY IN MEMPHIS!!! My Mom and Dad have been pretty stellar through this whole process and Mom has offered to go and close on behalf of myself and my good ol' Dad because I didn't want him to cancel his golf tournament. Some things are just that important! I feel so blessed that they helped me through this since I do not have a job in Nashville yet and had to have a cosignor. In return, if my brother ever needs a cosignor, I have offered to step in and rid my parents of having to go through this hellacious process again. That is, of course, assuming I get a job by the time he is purchasing anything significant.

Anywho, here is the idea I've been waiting to post about until I know I have a home. See, my roomie JED and I were discussing clothing the other evening and decided we had far too many nice articles of clothing to just give them away. Well I thought a little about this and decided it would be sorta fun to have a little consignment store in the basement. At least for a little bit. I'm a large fan of my basement. Here's a snapshot of the Fisher's (previous owners) setup.
Man cave, no doubt. I'm thinking it just might work. The only problem I have with consigning items in the basement is controlling the random folk that just might stroll into the basement. I'm thinking an invitation only, bring a friend sort of thing would be best. More like an event. Think "Confessions of a Shopaholic." You know the scene with that big open room and all those goodies and people fighting for things. Yeah, our stuff is that cool! Bargain Basement. Watch out.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

can i call shotgun to be on the VIP list?

Carolyn said...

duh!