Friday, May 7, 2010

Entrepreneurial Endeavors

The last post originally began by me contemplating my job hunt and spun out of control into ribbons and such. As of late, I have been thinking about jobs I would actually enjoy going to on a daily basis. As a kid, I had a strange obsession with being either a bank teller or a travel agent. At daycare, we used to build teller windows out of wooden blocks and use Monopoly money to give the "customers." Perhaps I found that fun? Not quite sure where the travel agent aspect came from. I mean our travel agent was cool and all but I don't believe I had a reason to pursue her career.

Currently, I would like to open a butcher shop or a fish market type place where one could come in and get the fixings for a good meal out in the beautiful weather or in their gourmet kitchen. Maybe it is the weather causing this thinking or the fact that I have been deprived from a grill for the last two years (one of the 2 things I will be purchasing for my new house.) Another idea is opening a restaurant in Nashville called Humdingers. This restaurant opened in Memphis next door to my work in the Fall of 2009. It is a huge hit and a relatively healthy alternative to most restaurants of its kind. It reminds me a lot of Bonefish with lunch prices. I am obsessed and will miss it dearly!

Something still draws me back to The Sugar Plum Tree, however. Maybe I could open some kind of store and just name it The Sugar Plum Tree. I'm not too keen on children so I don't know that I could go the same route as Mom and Nan did but I'm sure I could think of something. Wine? Denim? Food? Pretty much my three necessities. I should probably just stick to the financial world and keep my dreams to myself.... but on the brightside, if all else fails I could open The Sugar Plum Tree and sell dress made of Monopoly money! Two birds, one stone.

0 comments: