Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Countdown


Margarita Thursdays will begin in 23 days. Today I decided I would no longer be participating in Margarita Thursdays. This is not to say I will not be enjoying a beverage on my back patio with Nashville's finest BUT I am ex-naying the margaritas. A friend informed me on Cinco de Mayo (while I was being a good little girl and enjoying time at the gym as opposed to fighting the crowd at the local Mexcian restaurant) that just one margarita can contain up to 1,500 calories!!!!!! Now I have never been one to calorie count and quite frankly it drives me bananas to hear folks talk about keeping track of every ounce of dietary supplement that enters their body every second of every day. But 1,500 calories is a crap load of calories! I think back to college. Close to every weekend was spent at Chili's for 2 for 1 Margaritas. This means me and my people drank at least 2 Margaritas each AND ate a meal from the restaurant. That is close to a whole work week worth (4 w's in a row, look out!) of calories in ONE SITTING! After those years, I am suprised I do not weigh 1,500 lbs!!


Back on track - I have decided that I will have to indulge in Whiskey Thursdays. Or maybe wine but I suspect my wine cooler will remain empty until I become employed and can afford to stock it. (Unless this really cool Auntie of mine who sometimes reads my blog wants to give me a hand in boosting the supply.... :-) ) So there, Whiskey Thursdays it will be. Or maybe Vodka. This two makes me think back to the days at Crawdaddy's. Thursday = half price top shelf Whiskey. Friday = half price Grey Goose. Those were the days....


The countdown continues. Name of occasion subject to change.

0 comments: