Thursday, June 17, 2010

Recently...

Almost a month and no new blog. I know, I'm slacking. BUT what a month it has been! I moved into the new house May 22nd and it has slowly taken control of all my time which is so much fun! I've learned to love gardening and making yard improvements. The interior is coming along though I still need to make a few purchases which will have to wait until I start MY NEW JOB! I'll be starting my new job with Tennessee Valley Authority (better known as TVA, or those people who are raising our electric rates yet again which is more than likely being done to pay this really cool new employee they have hired :) ). I will be a Financial Consultant with the Nashville Financial Services Department. Woo hoo!


Also in the past month I have gone on vacation to PCB and also braved Bonnaroo. Both were extremely fun! I will have to post pics from Bonnaroo later when JED or RB post theirs. I didn't take my camera because I have HORRIBLE luck! We began our Bonnaroo adventure just a few miles down the road and D & J's humble abode in McMinnville. We thought this was a great plan since we could sleep a little later and not be in traffic so long. WRONG! 10 hours after departing on the 25 minute trip to the grounds from their house, we finally made it to our campsite. We could have been to the beach and half way back! That was just about the only downfall. Front row of DMB was pretty ridiculous and made battling the heat and walking 2 miles uphill both ways to and from our campsite well worth it. Somehow we managed to avoid most of the madness which, looking back, is sort of sad. I feel like I have no crazy Bonnaroo story other than the running of the bulls moment to get into the pit for Dave. No we didn't see any show after 12pm. No we didn't get sprayed with acid from a squirt gun (believe it or not, this was actually a fear I had!) No we didn't board the sketchy Farris wheel or slide on the giant slip 'n' slide my parents diligently looked for us to be doing on the news. Yes we did see naked, sometimes painted people. Yes, Jay-Z was pretty ridic!! Again, pics to come later...

Oh and about that cleanse, I really liked it! I did not however lose 10 pounds in 7 days. Big surprise there!

0 comments: