Friday, May 7, 2010

Childhood Memories...

I used to joke around that I wanted to reopen The Sugar Plum Tree in Dickson with my Mom like she and her Mom opened and ran during my childhood. You better believe I was the kid everyone wanted to be friends with and more importantly, to attend their birthday parties. Hello Kitty all around. All of this also applied to my sweet lil' cousin, Master Christy (she asked us on twitter to "just call her" that so I'm going with it.) The best part about it for us happened to be Christmas. Nothing better than opening gifts at Nan and Granddaddy's and getting the same outfit as Master Christy (MC, for short) and her older sister, Muffin, only in different colors. What made this even more rad was the fact that MC and I always attended the same elementary school and were even in the same class once, not to mention the best of buddies. I suppose our mother's called one another daily to ensure we didn't arrive looking like two peas in a pod. Needless to say, I yearned for Limited Too.

I have two memorable outfits from first grade. (They might even be worth me trying to dig up some pictures!) On Halloween, I had an orange painted Halloween sweatshirt with striped leggings from none other than The Sugar Plum Tree. I was actually pretty proud of my getup for this festive holiday. MC and I were in the same class this year so the mother's must have coordinated us wearing different outfits on this particular day. Mom didn't, however, remember the other key individual who happened to purchase this same outfit. MY TEACHER! Yep, me and Mrs. Chandler, the Bobbsey twins. Mortifying! Almost as mortifying as the other outfit. Yellow sweatshirt with ribbons flowing off the sleeves, all of which were the boldest colors on the color wheel. Striped leggings to accent. I looked like Big Bird on acid.

So this blog took a total turn from what it originally began as..... but on the brighside, everyone appreciates a good flashback now and again I suppose.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man!!! Loved the outfits from the Sugar Plum Tree. I was telling the hubs about them actually this past weekend.

rachel said...

my hands down fave was my christmas outfit with red striped leggins on one leg and green on the other. and of course, accompanied by the sweatshirt with bows and jingle bells!