Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Musically Declined

I've never really been a hard core music person. I have my favorites and I like most things. Lately, I've had these moments where my taste changes so quick. For instance, when I was still living in Memphis and attending my old gym (tear...), my friend/instructor had this particular song on her CD she played that irritated me soooo bad. It was by this newer chick artist that everyone was raving about. I, being the non music buff that I am, could have cared less about this chick but the song reallllly irritated me. I recall being in Dickson one weekend and telling the bro's girlfriend about how much the song bothered me. Then, out of the frickin' blue, I was obsessed with it. Like, bought it on iTunes and rocked out in my car to it. What song? You might ask. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga. Rah-rah-rahahah. It was just so dang catchy.

I'm since over this obsession though I do think Gaga has some good tunes. Of course they aren't classics and we won't be lining up to see her in concert years from now like Tom Petty and Reba.

Another confession. There is this other extremely ridiculous female signer (ridiculous in a bad way not a cool way) who is supposedly from Nashville. I am ashamed if this is the case HOWEVER I do like one of her jingles as well. This one followed the same pattern. Hated it to jamming out on RB's boat like a fool. (I was jamming out, not him!) The name of this hit single? Your Love is My Drug - Ke$ha*****. This song has yet to make it to the iPod but I'm thinking about fixing that for my drive North this weekend.

Yes. I totally give you permission to make fun of me.

***** This was so funny to me I gave it 5 asterisk's! I just Wikipedia-d this broad and this is what the first line says.... "Kesha Rose Sebert, better known by her first name Kesha, is an American pop singer, rapper and songwriter." RAPPER!?!?!! Oh snap. I'm looking into this and posting a follow up. I hope that "huh-huh-huh. I like your beard," is not considered rapping.

1 comments:

Crystal Atkinson said...

haha! this post cracks me up. Kesha is actually from Brentwood - super hard core.