Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beat That...

I have recently established I have zero summer blouses. Everything I own is dark and gloomy. While bored at work, I shopped around on one of the only websites I can actually access, Banana Republic. Before I got this job, I wasn't sure what line of work I would be getting into or what the dress code would be. Here at TVA, we're business casual. Some folk rock jeans and Hawaiian shirts. I'm guessing they are IT of some sort. Us business services people know business casual. My point is when I moved and began making purchases for my house, I put EVERYTHING on my Banana Republic card (and paid it off of course) so I would receive LUXE rewards (large amounts of gift cards to spend in any Gap, Ltd. store) in case I needed to spruce up my wardrobe for some fancy job. Clearly this was not the case. Today I purchased 2 shirts.

And another one. I obviously got the very last one of the other shirt because it is no longer even listed on the website and I seriously placed my order 20 minutes ago. The original total for this order was somewhere around $90. I weasled myself out of shipping and an extra 25% off this sale item listed above. I ended up paying a whopping $1.35. Success.

Every now and then, you just gotta get right with the shopping gods. Happy almost Friday!

0 comments: