Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Huh?


Maybe I'm the only person in the world who feels this way but the word "texted" drives me bananas. Maybe it is proper terminology, maybe not. To me it is somewhat like beer. Beers might be correct when used in a plural form but it sounds ridiculous. Again, this is all just my opinion but when the word "texted" comes out of mouths, I cringe. I will text people in past, present and future tenses, occasionally adding the ever popular "-ing" when necessary. Happy Tuesday!!

Additional information - as I was about to post this blog entry, I hit the handy dandy spell checker and to my suprise, the only word mispelled on the screen???? TEXTED!! Slam bam thank ya ma'am! :)

1 comments:

Laurel said...

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "they sent me a text" far more grammatically correct then "they texted me."?