Monday, July 19, 2010

Flying by...

Oh how I love the weekends. And oh how they drain my energy. This weekend, I got sunburnt for the first time all summer. That is a record if there ever was one! Evidently the one weekend I spent not on the lake was enough to zap my tan and allow me to get quite the farmers' tan on the lake this weekend. I evidently waited about 5 minutes too long to apply the SPF 30 which I am generally a pretty good latherer!

I am officially looking forward to fall. It is by far my favorite season. I love the feel of it in the air and I can't wait to have little fires on my back porch WITHOUT mosquitoes!!! I'm also ready to make the many trips East to spend quality time with 100K (or possibly 80K this season) of my closest friends. Though the orange faithful might not have as much to cheer for this season, it's still a great feeling hanging out with family and close friends while enjoying beverages and a good game of cornhole. That, of course, is before the game. After the game, depending on the company one keeps, is usually a whole different story. Hopefully, this season there won't be a need to punch steel doors or throw burning couches into dumpsters. Or rob anyone with pellet guns for that matter.

Go Vols!

0 comments: