Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's a Twi-hard Life

Tonight, I will be viewing that new movie you might have heard about called Eclipse. I've read the books. The movies are okay. That's my opinion. Like most movies, the books are far better. I took the pleasure of getting my dear friend LShep addicted to the series. I gave her the first book (Twilight) for her birthday almost 2 years ago. Her birthday fell just about a week or so before the release of the first movie. I needed a fellow Memphian to go see the film with and she seemed like a good candidate. Holy smokes. This pharmacy student became a Twihard (or whatever the heck they call them) in like 2 days. She finished all 4 books in literally a week or less, and possibly reread the first one before going to see the film. I am surprised she didn't make us t-shirts to wear to the movie!

When New Moon hit the big screen, my excitement had subsided. New Moon is the worst book. BORING! Did that mean LShep wasn't revved up for the flick? No sirree! She reread the whole series for the 3rd time? Maybe 2nd but still. And the movie was as expected. Boring.

Eclipse should be better. I've heard good things.

Upon completing the Twilight Saga, LShep has read damn near every series based on vampires available. She even watched/watches that Vampire Diaries show. Obsessed :)

Off subject but I think I have recently lost that gene in my body that creates excitement. You know that feeling you had when you were younger before Santa Claus came or before you left on vacation for Disney World? So excited you can't sleep. Well, that feeling has vacated my body. Maybe this is all part of growing up. Whatever it is, it's stupid. I want to be so excited about something I can't sleep! I could do work with a time machine.

0 comments: