Friday, April 23, 2010

Got a little change in my pocket...



No looking on the bright side necessary today, my dears. It be Friday! I will say that I have become bad, again, about wishing the week away for the weekend and not really enjoying each day as I should. I continually make a promise to myself to stop focusing on the weekends and live in the present but I'm certain I'll become better with this whole scheme in less than a month! So until then, I live for the freakin' weekend!

Hopefully everyone has some rowdy plans. Several of my people are running in the Music City Half-Marathon tomorrow morning and I give them big props!! GOOD LUCK MY LOVELY LADIES! Instead of being at the finish line like a good friend should be, I will be making the trek North to see RB. This weekend RB becomes a year older so I figured I would go up for a visit and see if anything new is happening in the corn fields of Illinois.

D and I were just discussing (on the Gchat-o-sphere) those shows we used to look forward to on Friday night. You had your regulars like Full House, Family Matters, and Step by Step, assuming you could stay awake until 9:30pm. But what about the ones that got away? Dinosaurs. Hangin' With Mr. Cooper. And don't even get me started on some SNICK. I LIVED for SNICK. Are You Afraid of the Dark? Nope, not me! But that's a whole different day and today, is Friday! (Full House theme song, just to make sure your Friday begins on the right foot!)

As I aged, my people and I realized Friday nights could be spent at a more risque' venue. Enter Magic Wheels. The only good thing I can say about my time at Magic Wheels is at least it was exercise and a big dose of seeing people behave in ways I knew inappropriate for our age. I witnessed, learned from their mistakes and even chuckled a bit at their actions while taking a break from the rink to enjoy my dill pickle. After that phase came the Ouija board. (Probably more of a digression.) I still think LShep moved that little Ouija thing but if not then I spent my Friday nights speaking the spirits in the graveyard behind her house. Our mother's were so proud!

I certainly hope everyone enjoys their 60 hours of freedom this weekend! And Happy Birthday, RB!

0 comments: