Thursday, April 29, 2010

Genie in a Bottle

I am currently poor. This does not change my taste. Not in food and certainly not in clothing and shoes. Now, I am poor for a good reason I suppose. This guy....


This does not mean that I still can't want. It does not mean j.crew stops sending me the stupid email reminders of all the things I want and need so badly that are 20% off and FREE SHIPPING if you order by 10:13am tomorrow, or that Anthropologie's prices sink to my affordability scale when I walk through the door. Nope. So here I sit at my desk, 2009 style. I KNOW! It's truly a shame, right? Yes, I am aware of how bratty I sound and no, I will not apologize! :)

The real point of the matter here is that why in the HECK do these things I like have price tags for that of the rich and famous? There really isn't a purpose for this sort of inflation on the simple things in life I need. For instance....

I spot these and like them. Check the price. No thanks. Also available in teal if you're interested? This is the sort of things I'm running into lately. They are not made by Christian Louboutin for crying out loud! (A stretch, I know. And about Louboutin's, please check out this pair. $6,295. Yeah, you read that correctly. I'll make you those for half price! Deal?)

Honestly, I wish someone would just dispose of my wardrobe and a new one would appear! Where is freakin' Aladdin and his genie when ya need them? Can't a girl get some new threads?? I could certainly put that magic carpet to good use as well with my mad travelling habits. ....but on the brightside, I'm sure if I were kicking it with Aladdin, I would not be wearing Frye wedges with a dress from Anthropologie. I would look like a fool with jet black hair and MC Hammer pants.... I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

DRGM said...

Oh, Silly Girl... you know nothing of MC Hammer pants. So young...

Laurel said...

i feel your pain sister. i'm in the same 2009 boat.

p.s. those louboutin's are pretty fabulous.